Please sign in to post.

Uffizi reservations

Trying to make Uffizi reservations. Website has every country in the world EXCEPT the U.S.A. on the dropdown menu....hmmm. And, when you enter a ticket order it won't let you change or delete an entry, it just keeps adding more tickets to the order, even when web browser is closed out and restarted. I'll have to call, I suppose.

Posted by
10 posts

Dennis,
We just ordered Uffizi tickets from this website: b-ticket.com. You can select English at the top of the screen by clicking the Great Britain flag. The process was simple. They emailed our reservation number and we just take that to the ticket office. If it denies your credit card, you may have to call your credit card company to assure them it is not a fraudulent purchase. Going in May and looking forward to it. Hope this helps!

Posted by
1003 posts

I couldn't get it to work last summer so I ended up calling over there to get our reservations for the Uffizi and Accademia. Was very easy to do.

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks Helen and Janet for the info. I have a similar post. In my case, as the charges did go through, I'll give it a couple of days to see if I get an email regarding the tickets. If not, I'll have to dispute the charges with my credit card company and then call the museums to reserve the tickets.

Posted by
23290 posts

Same the brain damage. Have you hotel make the reservation, they speak the language. Ours did not for no charge as a convenience for us.

Posted by
20 posts

We traveled to Florence last October. I had all kinds of problems with the website. So I called directly to the ticket office that is listed in Steve's travel guide and made the reservation over the phone. I, also made ticket reservations on the phone at the same time for Accademia. We got very good response, got ticket confirmation #'s, and specific times to pick up the tickets. For Uffizi it was across the street from Uffizi. Paid for them at that time. Walked across the street and right into the museum. Accademia was just as easy. We avoided the long lines. You have to know when you will be in Florence. I made a reservation for each museum on consecutive days, it worked great. Have fun, wish we were going, too!

Posted by
39 posts

I highly recommend making reservations and buying tickets ahead of time for Uffizi and Accademia museums as the lines could be very long (up to 2 hours) without reservations. Go to http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/ and click on “English”. It gives you information about hours, ticket prices, exhibits, etc of the various museums and directions to buy tickets online. When you get to the museums, find the reservations area vs. the regular line. You will cut your wait time from hours to usually under 15 minutes. You can also call and make the reservation with a credit card.