Please sign in to post.

Uffizi reservation times

We are planning to make a reservation at the Uffizi for a specific time in June, which I really hope we make. IF we are a few minutes late, what is their policy? Are you able to enter after your reservation time at all, or do you go to the back of the line? Are you out of luck, and treated as a walk up?

Posted by
15835 posts

Molly, I wish I had a definitive answer for you but I've seen this question asked before and there just doesn't seem to be one. Prior respondents uniformly advise being there on time, though. As one of Florence's most heavily visited attractions, with very long waiting lines, they're under no obligation to oblige the tardy and I personally wouldn't push that envelope.

"A few minutes" is also a nebulous amount of time. Three minutes late? Maybe. Twenty minutes late? Hmmm, not so much. As well, decisions may also be up to attitude of attendants on duty on any given day. If you are already nervous about making a particular slot, I'd just book a later one.

I'm curious why you "hope" to make the time you're looking at? If it's because you're planning on doing this the same day as you fly into Florence, most of us strongly advise against booking anything involving a specified entry or meeting time (as for a tour) on arrival day. There are too many variables with air travel these days to be confident of them all operating like clockwork!

Posted by
11613 posts

Kathy is right about booking reservation-required activities on arrival day. When my flight was cancelled in Detroit, there was a group of about six or seven who would miss their tour of Athens the following day.

Posted by
135 posts

I was just there 10 days ago and would make reservation for early time the day after arrival. It was highly organized and very easy to deal with. Do not use Rick Steve's audio guide for this tour. It must have been done before changes were made. I would get Uffizi audio.

Posted by
2 posts

Changes to the gallery layout you mean? Is it confusing now?
Can you buy the official audio tour when you get there if you haven't reserved it, or download it before you go?

Posted by
15835 posts

You can rent an audio guide at the Uffizi when you get there:

"Self-guided tours:
Available in English, Italian, French, Spanish and German
Cost: €6.00 for one-person device, €10,00 for a two-person device"

Changes to the gallery layout you mean? Is it confusing now?

I think Marion probably meant that some pieces may have been moved around, others may be out on long-term loan, and still others may have been taken out of display for cleaning/restoration since Rick's audio tour was recorded. This isn't unusual for art museums, and it's possible even the "official" audio guide might not be 100% up-to-date.

Posted by
129 posts

I contacted the Uffizi about changing my entrance time on June 9 and they pretty much told me it was a No-No. So I have 15 minutes in which to enter.

Posted by
23310 posts

When we went it was a fifteen minute window. That was a coupe of years ago.