Please sign in to post.

Uffizi Gallery

We are planing a trip to florence, Italy in September, 2012 and have attempted to reserve tickets to the Uffizi Gallery, but are told it is sold out. If we purchase a Florence card/pass will that get us into the Uffizi Gallery even though tjhe reservation are full?

Posted by
209 posts

Yes and it should minimize the line for you as there is a separate line for it. I'd get the pass and go either very early or late.

Posted by
864 posts

There are still tickets available at www.florenceart.it I suspect, and I could be wrong, that vendor's buy blocks of tickets so indeed the official Uffizi site may be sold out, technically. I am going myself in mid-September and plan on just buying the Florence pass.

Posted by
2297 posts

Have you checked online or did you phone the Uffizi to make reservations? The number of tickets available for reservation online is much smaller than what's available if you give them a call.

Posted by
712 posts

Hi Thomas - not sure what dates you are planning to go, but check to see if the museums are free that day. Once a month there is a day when the museums are free (I want to say the last Tuesday of the month) and sometimes there are other random days that offer free entrance as well (last year in September there was some type of art appreciation weekend or something where most museums/galleries were free on a Saturday and Sunday). We took advantage of this last fall and saw Uffizi, Academia and Bargello Museum for free. The only thing you would need to skip the line is make a reservation, which only cost 4 euro.

Posted by
25 posts

Hi, All you have to do is to get Amici degli Uffizi membership cards for your family. This card is valid for a year and you can use it over and over again if you need to go back to the same museum. This card is a little cheaper than a Florence card. You can get this card on the day when you visit Uffizi and get right in without making a reservation and joining a long line. reference: http://tuscantraveler.com/2011/florence/museum-passes-in-florence-part-one-amici-degli-uffizi/ Ken

Posted by
78 posts

I noticed another poster mention the free days the museum has each month. I have not ever gone to a museum on a free day but would be concerned that the crowds would be even more than usual. Was that your experience Monique?