Please sign in to post.

Uffizi Gallery

We will be in Florence on Monday January 2, 2012 and most places, including Rick's book, say the Uffizi is always closed on Mondays. When I went online to the museum ticket site it originally had no availability on Jan 2, but then I rechecked and it suddenly had 25 available tickets on Monday January 2. Would anyone trust that this is accurate. Any opinions on how likely is it that the site would post availability and then the museum really be closed??

Posted by
3115 posts

Maybe they decided to open on that Monday since they are closed on Sunday, Jan. 1. They do occasionally open on Monday, like last Oct. 31. But as far as I could tell, Uffizi is the only site that shows them open that day. If that is the official site then you are pretty safe to book tickets. You could call to be sure. But don't wait too long cuz if it is true they may not last long!

Posted by
32219 posts

Diana, I agree with the previous reply. If they indicate that tickets area available, I'd suggest booking soon. It's a logical assumption that if they're closed on a day when they're normally open, they might choose an alternate day. At that time of year, I doubt there will be a huge number of visitors anyway. Even in September, the helpful Hotel Owner was able to get "same day" reservations for me, both at the Uffizi and Accademia with only a single phone call. Cheers!

Posted by
359 posts

tickets Florence shows the Uffizi is open Monday Jan 2 I assume they are correct
you might also check the advertisements for the Firenze Card, they usually advertise bonus days/hours for included musuems such as the Uffizi

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you to all who responded. I found out from a travel guide that they are open only in the afternoon on that Monday, since they are closed the day before for New Years. And we are very pleased we were able to get tickets!

Posted by
94 posts

since you will be in Florence check out the area and take a walk there to see if they are open. My family went to Florence in July and that was a adventure in itself,