Please sign in to post.

Uber in Rome

Have been to Rome a few times. It’s calling me again and have a trip planned for September this year. Has anyone has experience with Uber there?

Posted by
3812 posts

For now there is only Uber Black in Rome, licensed private drivers that you could contact also by yourself.

Since they are professionals that can take around only the passengers that booked their services in advance, private drivers are often more expensive than the white cabs.

Posted by
123 posts

Congrats on your upcoming trip to Rome! I used Uber several times on my first trip to Rome. While Uber Black is the only service level available, I found the rates to be on par with taking taxis in Rome. I had good experiences with the 4 times I used Iber in Rome on that trip.

Happy planning!

Posted by
15863 posts

Carol, I'm a little curious why Uber is of interest for this trip? As you've already been to Rome, you should already be somewhat familiar with its public transport system plus the excellent walkability of the central historic district. What, more precisely, are you looking to use Uber or another car-type service for?