Please sign in to post.

Two Days in Venice

Travelng to venice with my family (including 3 teens). What would you do if you had only 2 days in venice.

Posted by
2331 posts

Take the Vaporetto along the Grand Canal. Wander the quiet back alleys. Visit St. Mark’s cathedral during the day. Visit St. Mark’s square in the evening. Eat lots of gelato.

Posted by
824 posts

Hello andrea.r.swift, with two days I would pick one site - St Mark's Chruch is an easy as it is spectacular and with the added admission to the museum you get to go on the roof and over look the grand canal and the piazza. But maybe Peggy Guggenheim's villa/modern art museum or something else depending on your taste.

Other than the site of your choice I agree with those who say wander and get a little lost. Don't crowd every minute with an itinerary or "something to be seen/done". Ride across the canal on a traghetto for the local's gondola experience and find some unpopulated region to explore. If you need a destination head over to the quiet dignity of the old Jewish Quarter - the actual origin of the word 'ghetto'.

Venice is a unique and magical city and none of the crowds or tourism can affect it as long as you find your own experience in your own quiet corner.

Have a great trip,
=Tod