Please sign in to post.

Tuscany Wine Tours

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I are going to florence for a few days in April and are looking for a good wine tour. Are there any good wine tours that someone could recommend for us?

Thank you!

Posted by
771 posts

You can google that and come up with several tours that are probably fine. "Tours by Roberto" are often recommended on this site. We were staying in Montepulciano last spring and did the Clay Hills tour with him. It was great because he brings you to off-the-beaten track type places. We visited tiny villages, then had lunch at a small winery that grew everything we ate. He has a Chianti tour, as well. The website is toursbyroberto.com. His English is great, being married to an American and having lived in the States for a while. He loves the area, and really imparts that on his tours.
He will pick you up in Florence.

Posted by
2 posts

I will be there in April and am looking for the same. I just emailed Roberto to see what was available. When will you be there?

Posted by
2 posts

@va from va Thank you so much for your recommendation! I will definitely look into that.
@mgrace56 we will be arriving in Rome April 6th and our flight home leaves from Rome on April 27th. We are from Washington. When are you going?

Posted by
3696 posts

Most hotels will have brochures for a number of bus tours from Florence to wineries, etc. I have gone on a few and you can usually makes these decisions at the last minute depending on the weather, etc. Trips to San Gimignano are popular.

Posted by
95 posts

My wife and I just returned from San Gimignano and had lunch at Sovestro in Poggio, a winery/agroturismo within walking distance from town. It's a long walk, but definitely walkable. For 38 Euros a person they provide a tour of the winery and lunch. It was a nice visit, a good lunch, and great wine.

http://www.sovestroinpoggio.it/ENG/wine-tasting.asp

Posted by
2 posts

@teylorwilbur will be Italy April 15-28. I am doing Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, and Rome. Will be in Florence April 20-23 and Rome April 23-27. I'm from Kansas City.