Please sign in to post.

Tuscan wine tours

Any suggestions for a private wine tour company? There are so many out there. Looking for a great tour in chianti region or Siena. Thanks!

Posted by
11 posts

Were you thinking of Tuscan wine tours, Wine tours of Tuscany or Tuscany Wine tours? They all seem to be offering pretty much the same thing and trying to pick one out from Tripadvisor reviews is absolutely hopeless. Take a look at the Slow day in Tuscany, which goes to a vineyard from wine tasting but is also more of a rounded cultural experience with a focus on food and the villages in Tuscany. The website http://www.slow-days.com has more info. But back to your original point, if anyone has a particular reason to go for one of the various wine tours of Tuscany I'd love to hear it.

Posted by
8170 posts

Leigh Ann: I'm staying for a week in Chianti before Easter, and a wine tour is supposedly a great experience. But, I find the cost to be pretty high @ over $100 each person. See if your hotel has a source for a reasonably priced wine tour. Many wineries will have a co-op where all the local wines can be sampled and purchased. I think many of the people running the wine co-ops are characters, and will provide you a very pleasurable afternoon. Just be sure to have a designated driver with you.

Posted by
2 posts

These are great suggestions! We are staying in a private rented villa, so we don't have a hotel connection, so a lot is being planned by us and our Rick Steves book!