Please sign in to post.

Trevi Fountain

So I watching a live cam from the fountain and I noticed that there were no people being allowed down next to the fountain. I assume a Covid thing?

Posted by
15130 posts

I just watched a live cam of the fountain and people are up to the edge as usual.

Posted by
15835 posts

I'm seeing the same as Frank. Could be they were doing some sort of cleaning when you looked.
Just to mention, people are not allowed to SIT on the edge of fountain, or put their feet/hands/other body parts in the water. I know they very briefly barricaded the area closest to the fountain a few years ago when it was overly mobbed but haven't heard of that happening lately. From July 2019:

https://www.wantedinrome.com/news/rome-limits-tourist-access-to-trevi-fountain.html

Posted by
15130 posts

You can longer sit on the Spanish Steps. After looking at the Trevi Fountain today, I jumped over to a live cam of the Spanish Steps. Two cops were on the steps pointing at people to get up, move, etc.

Posted by
3122 posts

I don't know if this is good or bad, but ever since I read "Angels and Demons," when I see anything about the Trevi fountain I immediately imagine the protagonist (Robert Langdon, right?) managing not to drown while submerged in the foamy waters of the fountain. I didn't see the movie, though.

Posted by
9422 posts

My son and his girlfriend were at the Trevi Fountain yesterday. People right up to the edge, but, very few people there… a bonus of less people traveling now.