Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia seat reservations

My husband and I purchased a Eurail Global pass for traveling this spring. We have made some of our seat reservations on the Trenitalia web site using our Eurail pass number with no problem. Some of the destinations are requesting a ticket number support and the allowed spaces are short one of being enough to put in our Eurail pass number. We do not see any other numbers on our pass to use. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what number did you use. Thanks.

Posted by
16893 posts

Sorry, I don't know why Trenitalia would work differently on some route than others, but I assume they are different speeds of train. I would wait and make the remaining reservations in the train station when you first activate the pass or even later. Rail Europe also books pass holder reservations, if there are particular trains you can't afford to miss. InterCity trains within Italy do not require reservations with rail passes, as noted on the back of the Eurail map (or at least last year's edition) and Regional trains don't take reservations.