Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia June Updates 2015

Trenitalia June updates. Is this an accurate report that I read on the forum posting about updates each year in June?
I would like to purchase tickets, however, I am wondering if I purchase tickets today, May 6, 2015, will the train time schedule still be the same for tickets purchased to use in June 12, 2015? Will I still have the same assigned seats? Will there be any changes I don't know about until I arrive at the station?

Posted by
19638 posts

The Freccia, IC and EC train schedules are loaded and for sale now. That is a fact and they won't change. They are also the only ones with reserved seats. We are waiting for the Regionale trains, and often that is either the start or the last leg of the journey, especially for the Cinque Terra. They are unreserved seating. So it is only the connecting Regionale trains holding up the show. Right now, we just have to take it on faith that when we arrive in La Spezia, there will be a connecting train to get us to Vernazza.

Posted by
5187 posts

Dianneza,

If you purchase train tickets today for June 12th, your assigned seats will remain the same as well as the departure time of the train(s) you choose.

I don't know what report you're referring to, however, Trenitalia updates their train schedules twice a year (June & December)
This means that train schedules were not available past June 13th, but some of the schedules have been updated (released), so one is able to purchase tickets for any date past June 13th.

Posted by
222 posts

I purchased my Freccia tickets on February 28 for June 28 trip from Rome to Naples. The super economy price was 19 euro pp. When other tickets became available 120 days in advance, I bought more tickets - ie Naples to Florence, Florence to Milan and Milan to Venice - and paid the super economy prices. The most expensive was from Naples to Florence for 29 euro. I printed the tickets at home. I have done this for trips in the past and have not had any problems. I use the Trenitalia site.

Barb

Posted by
7209 posts

If Trenitalia will allow you to purchase them then, YES, purchase them now. That is, if you want to get the cheapest tickets possible. You can always just walk up to the ticket window and book the day before, but you'll pay full price.

Posted by
16893 posts

Once schedules are actually published for any give date, they usually don't change, except in cases of strikes, unexpected construction, or minor delays.