Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia code 418

Tried to book for Sept 18 Milan-Padova,picked time,selected seats and confirmed and then it said sorry with code 418 ,try again later. What is up?

Posted by
795 posts

It often means you are trying to book outside the booking window of time. With some trains, you actually can't book more than 7 days out.

Posted by
1184 posts

Terri Lynn, the OP states he could select seats, so this is not a regionale--he should be able to buy tickets 120 days out.

William, unfortunately, I don't know what the code means. I did find one reference to it on a Tripadvisor forum thread, and that poster was finally able to get his tickets after several more tries. I did try a dummy booking myself just now for Milan-Padova on September 18th and was able to get to the payment page. I hope you're able to get your tickets soon!

Posted by
81 posts

I did try a few more times and did get through!!!! Maybe things were busy on their end. Only 5 more tickets to buy. Thanks for your help

Posted by
16893 posts

Four months ahead may still be too early for many train bookings, so if you have any further trouble, I would wait a month.

Posted by
81 posts

I just tried with again and got the same response. So tried again with a different card Mastercard vs Visa and it went through. Be patient and keep trying seems to help.