Please sign in to post.

Trenitalia

For those more familiar with Trenitalia, looking for some guidance. We will be in Italy for about 2 1/2 wks in late May into Early June, so in about 4mths. I've booked a few tickets(Romes to Naples, Florence to La Spezia) without issue. However, in trying to book tickets from Cinque Terre to Venice I'm running into a snag. It will give me available time slots but when I go to book the ticket, I get an error message that says "We are sorry, we encountered an error. Please try again later." This happens when I click on any of the several options it gives me. My initial search was from Manarola(where we are staying) to Venice but it happens if I try directly from La Spezia as well. I've tried several times over the last few weeks always receiving the same message. Am I just trying to book to far in advance? I didn't encounter this issue with other tickets. Appreciate the input of those more familiar with the trains in Italy!

Posted by
6991 posts

The schedule is available now up thru June 11 when it will be updated so it is possible you are just trying to book too early

Have you tried same dates using the app?

Posted by
14 posts

Ahh...that may be the issue. I am trying to book these tickets for June 12th. The ones I successfully booked a few weeks ago were earlier in June. Is there a way to know when the schedule will be updated for June 12th and beyond?

Posted by
6991 posts

As I posted
The official update day is June 11, some routes may be available sooner

This is the way it is every year-you can keep an eye on it thru May
Keep in mind nobody else can book either so no chance of fast trains selling out
Schedules don’t change much if at all

I would get the app and use that once in Italy