Please sign in to post.

Traveling to Florence in june 2011

This will be the first time I will be traveling alone in Italy, I will be attending a wedding, and after the event I will be on my own. Can anyone recommend places to stay in the following cities: Lucca, Cinque Terre, Florence and Venice. I'm on a budget but I do want to stay in safe and clean places close to cities.

Posted by
32212 posts

Joanne, I'd suggest having a look at the Italy Guidebook, as it contains information on lodgings in various price ranges in all those locations. The lodgings are checked every year and will be "safe and clean". That would be the best way to find something within your budget range. You could also check Trip Advisor for listings (try the Guidebook first). I assume you'll be travelling between locations by train? Happy travels!

Posted by
28 posts

In Florence we stayed at Rick Steve's recommended Kattihouse. Excellent location close to all the sites and easy walk to train station. Maria was wonderful even though she spoke not a word of English. 90 euros there. In Monterosso, we went to the TI upon arrival and got a sparkling new (on the the inside) apartment in the heart of old town for 70 euros. Venice, we used Airbnb to rent a place.

Posted by
7737 posts

It will help you get better responses if you specify what you mean by "on a budget" in specific dollar or euro amounts. As for Venice, check out Pensione Guerrato. We've stayed there twice and they're amazing.