Please sign in to post.

Traveling April 2022!

Any help is appreciated with not to miss sights, restaurants and wine!
We spend a day in Rome and end with a day or so in Venice.. the rest of our time will be spent with a car roaming the Tuscan countryside.

Posted by
230 posts

I am afraid your question is just to broad for us to be of much help. The possibilities are endless. So, begin by asking yourself some questions:
1. How long will I be in Italy?
2. Do I prefer to constantly be on the move or to stay in one location and do day trips?
3. Do I want to visit cities or small towns?
4. What most interests me; history, art, food and wine, culture?
With the answer to those questions, buy a good guide book - you can't go wrong with Rick Steves - and do your homework.

When you are able to narrow down your questions, post again.
Happy travels! Ciao

Posted by
15852 posts

Welcome to the forum, zc2mom -
Backing up charylm here: your question is much too broad to be able to tackle. More info, please?

In addition to the great questions charylm has listed, I'll add:
Have you read up on driving in Italy? Be aware that you won't be able to drive directly into quite a number of towns, and that you need to be able to recognize ZTL signage, etc. Also, Italy's drink-and-drive laws are very strict so wine is only recommended when it doesn't involve the wheel too. You'll want to make sure accommodations you book include parking; not all of them do.

Why only 1 night in Rome? I'll assume that's your arrival day in Italy, and so it only leaves you a matter of hours for a look at the Eternal City. Have you been to Italy/Rome before?

Who is "we"? Are you a couple? A family? American?

Posted by
11213 posts

Only a day each in Rome and Venice? You need to add at least three days more to each of them. Tuscany is a very large area. Where do you want to focus your time? Do you want to stay in the Chianti region near Siena? Or in Pienza or Montalcino? Or Cortona?
Come back here with a more focused itinerary and you will receive a lot of help.