Please sign in to post.

Travel to Rom in June 2013

We are a family of 3 travelling to Rome for 1 week in June. I'm looking for a great travel guide or semi-private tours for the Vatican. Also looking for recommendations for great food at non-touristy locations.

Posted by
8125 posts

Look into getting one of Rick Steves' guide to Rome and Italy. You can get'em on paper, by laptop or by notebook thru Amazon.com. Another great source of info on the city is RonInRome.com.
The travel guides will cover the Vatican and restaurants in the city. Chowhound.com is another source of restaurant information for just about everywhere. I always plan on eating at the great restaurants, only to end up eating close to my hotel at perfectly acceptable restaurants. The fine Italian restaurants just serve so much food than my wife and I care to eat.

Posted by
7737 posts

We just returned from Rome and we used Mia Schettino as a private tour guide. She was amazing. Search her name here for more info. I would recommend her to anyone, but she's so good she might already be booked for your time. Give it a shot.