Please sign in to post.

Travel iron

We are going to Naples and Bari. I wanted to know if anyone has taken a travel iron? I’m wondering about TSA because we are doing carry on.

Posted by
243 posts

I've traveled to Italy, France, and England with a travel iron in my checked luggage and it has never been a problem in any sense. Just check and see if you need a convertor for your iron and other electrical appliances as I can't remember if I needed one for Italy or not.

Posted by
5407 posts

Many Italian hotels have signs restricting ironing in the hotel rooms. I know it sounds strange, but I saw the signs myself. Is your iron dual voltage? Safe travels!

Posted by
2 posts

I have been to Europe. The last time couple times I had problems with access to an iron. My concern is TSA in Europe since we are doing carry on. Especially Heathrow, their TSA rules are a little different. I cannot seem to find a website.

Posted by
156 posts

After spending a month in Italy, not one hotel had an iron available. Luckily we always travel with a tiny travel iron and steamer, so we were fine.

I am happy to iron as little as possible but my husband will not go out wrinkled, so he irons. Luckily be Australians we don't need converters just an adapter.

If you want to iron, definitely take on as I'd be surprised if you could get one in a hotel.