Please sign in to post.

Travel Insurance

I am planning to go to Italy for 23 days this October. What is the best travel insurance that covers Covid 19?

Posted by
3592 posts

There is no single “best.” A good way to find a policy that is good for you is to go to squaremouth.com or insuremytrip.com. On both sites you put in your age, trip length, and destination (reasons why no one here can say what is best). They then show many options. Included are the prices, specific coverage and exclusions, and ratings by an independent agency. You can consult with one of their agent if you so desire.
Btw, I am always dumbfounded at the range of prices for the same coverage from the various companies with similar ratings, like $100 to $500.

Posted by
8423 posts

Are you looking at medical coverage in case you get sick abroad? Or are you talking about coverage trip costs if you want to cancel or there are future lockdowns?

Posted by
27063 posts

You need to think about what stan has asked you. There are different kinds of travel insurance. It's not enough to say you want to be covered for COVID-19.

Posted by
260 posts

I’m looking at World Nomads travel insurance. I know they cover illness and all that but they won’t cover if you decide to cancel your trip due to the fear of getting covid.

Posted by
4 posts

I have decided on World Nomads because they cover some medical costs when it comes to Covid. Thanks.🙂

Posted by
2073 posts

Be aware that covering for Covid does not always mean that the insurance will cover the costs incurred by a lockdown or quarantine. Our insurance only covers medical care if we become ill and nothing else.

Posted by
16190 posts

Yes, you really need to answer Stan's question regarding what you mean by "cover covid-19". Cover it for what? I found numerous policies on Insuremytrip that will cover medical expenses if you get sick with covid-19 while traveling. I believe most would also cover trip cancellation expenses if one of us got sick here at home and could not make the trip.

But cancellation because the virus flares up again and you cannot reach your destination, or the flights, tours, and hotels you have booked are canceled due to renewed pandemic is another matter.

I suggest you inform yourself about trip insurance in general and what it does and does not, or should and should not, cover. Insuremy trip has an area onnthe website where you can read up on this, and Squaremouth probably does too. Or maybe someone can suggest a blog or other resource that is good on the subject.