Please sign in to post.

travel insurance

any experience with trip insurance claims to aide in decision of which company to go with

Posted by
44 posts

My husband and I always purchase travel insurance and have used 2 different companies, Travel Guard, and Global-something, sorry can't think of it right now, but the Global-something I did have to make a claim a few years ago, due to my mom becoming ill, I had to cancel a trip to Calif; it wasn't too terrible; of course you have to document the reason for the cancellation, but in the end, I got all of my money back;for both the flight and hotel. HOpe this helps.

Posted by
524 posts

Stephanie Travel Guard is a reputable company which reviews and pays claims fairly. Also read the fine print. It is very important. When it says you can cancel, check out the *. Usually, cancellation has to do with serious health problems of the travelers or close relatives, some policies also include cancellation "if you lose your job". Read about weather related issues, erupting volcanos (think Iceland last year), civil unrest/terrorism, etc. Medical insurance is very important as your existing US medical insurance may not cover you elsewhere. $25,000 or over is best. Medicare does not cover ouside the US. Also evacuation insurance to the nearest appropriate hospital is good as well. One key feature is that the travel insurance company will assist you in getting the medical care you need. A terrific service when you do not know where to turn. They will make arrangements for you. Once you have purchased your Travel Insurance, you can think of the fun time you will have. No worries! Bobbie