Please sign in to post.

Travel in November 2106 - Italy - Paris - London - Honeymoon

Good morning
I was researching destinations - Paris - London - Italy and came across your website. Wow, I was very impressed. My name is Denise and I am from Brisbane, Australia. Not a frequent traveller but this will change.

I am planning a wedding in Fiji mid November, coming home for two days then planning a 3 week honeymoon trip over in Europe. I have searched through your youtube videos and would like more information on Italy / Paris / London ie is November a good time to travel given that the weather will be cold. Would the attractions still be as gorgeous during the November month?

What tips would you suggest?

Kind and warmest regards
Denise

Posted by
15161 posts

November will be cold in all those locations. Less so in Italy (depending on where however) but even Italy will be chilly. However the great cities of Europe will be just as enjoyable as any other time of the year because they offer a lot of sights that can be visited in any weather. As a matter of fact since tourist crowds will be thinner, visiting the European capitals might be even better at that time.

Posted by
254 posts

Europe is beautiful any time of year! As long as you are prepared for the weather, you will enjoy everything those cities have to offer. I recommend getting a Rick Steves guidebook, either Europe Through the Back Door, or, Best of Europe, which has details for all the places you mention (and more). The sightseeing priorities are helpful in planning your itinerary, and possibly giving you ideas of other places along the way. With 3 weeks, you have a lot of choices! Have a great trip!

Posted by
15582 posts

Hi Denise, and congratulations on your upcoming marriage and on your first trip to Europe.

Would you consider postponing the honeymoon till the end of the month? Weather won't be much different, but the Christmas markets (notably in Paris) get started at the end of November and it would be great to be there then.

Tips? First, look for your best international flight plans. Ideally you'll want to fly open-jaw to Italy and back from London (or vice versa), but you may get a better deal by going round-trip to London or Rome, and then a budget airline flight between them. At the same time, work out your itinerary. You don't want to lock into flights until you are. If it were my trip, I'd allocate about 8-10 days in Italy and split the rest between London and Paris. Classic itinerary - start in London (less culture shock), then Eurostar to Paris, then flight to Venice, train to Florence, train to Rome and fly home. If you can fly from Australia to Venice, you could reverse it: Venice/Florence/Rome, fly to Paris . . . Venice is a great place to get over jetlag, just relax and soak up the atmosphere, no major sites, no bustling city.