Please sign in to post.

Travel in northern italy

Going to n italy for 17 days...visiting Venice, Trevino, Vicenza, Brescia, bergamo, Milan, Lugano, cinque terre, genoa and Turin with a side trip to Acosta...have one day to fill...either to Trento or another side trip to pavia or piacenta...any suggestions ?

Posted by
15195 posts

Don't know Trevino, Acosta, or Piacenta (which I suppose stand for Treviso, Aosta, Piacenza) but some very important destinations such as Verona and Padua are totally missing from your list.
I'm not sure exactly if this is a "check off" trip where you simply check off a place on a "Been there, done that!" List or if you intend to enjoy any of the places at all. Your list seems too long for 17 days.
First of all you should count nights on the ground.
You need to spend at least 3 in Venice (4 if you want a day trip to Padua), 2 in Verona (plus an extra night for each day trip from Verona, such as Vicenza, Lake Garda, possibly Trento). Bergamo, Pavia, can be separate day trips from Milan. Cinque Terre is far from everything and you need two nights there. Turin needs a couple of nights, more if you want any day trips.

Posted by
2 posts

Already have been to Venice and Padua twice...my plans are all set with regard to the cities I listed ...many are one days trips ( brescia,Vicenza, Trevino, bergamo...have not been to any of these) .....never been to cinque terre...planning on three days there, along with three in Turin and two in genoa....all I wanted to know is if I should spend my. Last day in either Trento, pavia, piacenza.....thanks for your response...been to Verona twice...

Posted by
11613 posts

I would spend my last night in the city from which I am departing.

Posted by
15195 posts

If you depart from Milan, you should leave your Milano stay for last and add an extra day there, to visit Pavia which has the most famous Certosa to visit.