Please sign in to post.

Travel from Rome to Praiano

What are the best options for getting from Rome to Praiano? There are 4 of us. One suggested train to Naples and then a driver to get us and luggage to the AirBnB. Looking at the map, I would think staying on the train to Solerno and then a taxi/driver makes more sense? Or, if are thinking of taking a boat tour of the Amalfi Coast while in Praiano, would taking a boat from Rome or Naples to Praiano make just as much sense? If i'm understanding the train ticket site correctly, the cost is the same Rome to Naples as Rome to Solerno?

Posted by
15579 posts

I don't think Praiano has a ferry pier. AFAIK the nearest stop is Positano (7-8 km away). It's about 1.5 hour drive from Salerno to Praiano per google maps when there is NO traffic. Figure 2 hours or more. It would take longer from Naples.

From Salerno, you'd go through Amalfi to Praiano, then continue to Posistano, so if you want to take the ferry, maybe just to Amalfi. Either way, then a taxi to Praiano. It's about a 10 minute walk from the Salerno train station to the ferry pier, but be careful, I think there are 2 so the 2nd one would be farther. It's an easy walk, all paved, and slightly downhill.

Salerno is farther from Rome than Naples and some (most?) trains go through Naples. Both Trenitalia and Italotreno have trains to both. Ticket prices vary depending on which promo tickets are available.