Please sign in to post.

travel book

hello all,
this is really to rick's staff...we are signed up for sept 2019 sicily trip. i want to know why you are sending lonely planet when you will have a r.s. sicily next year..we will have plenty of time to read rick's.
thanks, steve dipiero

Posted by
39 posts

Hi all Sicily tour members,

In the past we have not had a Sicily guidebook and thus have sent out the Lonely Planet Sicily guidebook to our tour members. We felt it was a good one and we were very happy with providing it for the most part. But we wanted to have our own version - one with more of the Rick Steves approach to traveling - so we went out and did the research and are now getting it all together. We are very excited to soon add the Sicily book to our guidebook fold. The publication is tentatively scheduled to be released in the end of April. For those of you who are traveling earlier than that, or want their book beforehand, then ordering the Lonely Planet book will be just fine and will work out for you on your trip. But if you have time to wait until May (just to be sure) then as soon as it is available it will replace the LP one in the Sicily Tour Kit. Hope that helps. Have a great time in Sicily everyone. Cheers.

Posted by
51 posts

i am not sure i understand your response..are you saying you will send us the r.s. sicily when it does come out, since we do not leave until late sept? or do we have to buy the new one? we can return this one unopened if you are going to charge for the r.s. book.
steve dipiero

Posted by
51 posts

sorry, when I called your Seattle office that is not what I was told...
steve dipiero

Posted by
392 posts

My wife and I are going to Naples this spring and I bought a RS Italy book and LP Naples book.
The LP guide is much harder to read, both for layout and the blue color choice.

If a RS staff person answers back here again, would you comment on the differences between RS and LP and target markets, etc.?

Thanks