Late June, we are visiting Italy for the first time as a family. There will be four of us, including my spouse and “adult” (18/21) children. For better or worse, we are locked into one hellish travel day and then the prospect of repeating part of that hellish travel day. I am looking for some help figuring out how to string together transportation. 10 days total. 6 nights in Tuscany, 3 nights in Venice.
We will fly into Venice overnight nonstop arriving about 9am.
Then must get to the Venice main train station.
Then train to Florence.
Drive to house about an hour west of Florence.
Drive to Florence, return car
Train to Venice
8AM flight home….Transport from Venice to airport.
1. Should we take shuttle or taxi to train station? Do we need to book shuttle in advance? What about flight delays?
2. Do we need to book high speed train to Florence in advance, or can we get a ticket when we get there?
3. How much time should we account for customs + shuttle
4. Can we buy a meal on the train? We will all be hangry.
5. Upon arrival in Florence, shall we take some time to mosey around or get the car. I haven’t booked the car yet because ai can’t figure out what our pickup time will be given all the variables that precede the car. Suggestions? Is there some flexibility with SixT or autoeurope in the pickup times? (We arrive on a Saturday)
6. Question 5 relates to our return as we have to check out of Airbnb, then drive to Florence, then train to Venice. And I need to provide a time to return the car.
7. On our last day, we will have to check out of our Airbnb early (Plan on Covid test night before). How much time will we need to plan for transportation to airport, how should we get there, and how early should we get there?
Thanks in advance.