Please sign in to post.

Transportation from Naples airport to Sorrento ?

What is the best way to get from Naples airport to Sorrento? It appears there is an airport shuttle (name?) that goes directly to Naples center; but, still need to get to train station (name?). What are the step by step directions to get from NAP to Sorrento? I see there is a direct bus too; but, depending on flight arrival and custom clearance, we could have to wait two hours for the next bus.

Posted by
5697 posts

Bus is great -- and as I remember it, you could buy tickets online day-of, so it might be possible to make your mind up after you land.

Posted by
32331 posts

Jan,

The best, easiest and cheapest option is to use the Curreri Viaggi coach. Last time I checked it was about €10 PP and a 1H:15M trip. Click the tab at the top of that website page for "Naples Airport Shuttle".

Posted by
2456 posts

How many people in your group? 1, 2 or more? I think a great splurge in Italy is a taxi or car service direct from Naples Airport (or city) to the door of your lodging in Sorrento. Saves time and lots of hassle at one or both ends. Runs about €100 or so. Obviously more value if your group is more than one person, but I did this myself, and never regretted it.

Posted by
14 posts

The shuttle bus from the airport to the central station in Naples is the ALIBUS. The bus stop is a short walk from the terminal, just follow the signs for the shuttle bus when you exit the terminal. Take a right first and then take a left, the walkway will be in front of you. It runs every 20 minutes. You can buy the ticket with the driver. A ticket costs 5 euro per person. Luggage must be pulled into the bus, even heavy and big luggage. The bus stops at the central station at the ALIBUS stop. The station is not it's final stop since the bus also goes on to Molo Beverello, the port where the ferry leaves for the islands.

Posted by
7772 posts

Jan, if you post again, mention the month of the year and the airport arrival time. Bargain airlines can have hours that limit your transport choices. Have you read up on possible crowding on the Circumvesuviana commuter train? Will you need a taxi in Sorrento? (See Google Maps.)

Posted by
16409 posts

If your flight arrival times work with its schedule, the Curreri Viaggi shuttle bus Ken mentioned, from the airport directly to Sorrento and no need to go to Naples central train station, is the most economical (€ 10 pp) and convenient option. A driver would be convenient as well albeit a lot more expensive. Current shuttle departure times are here:

https://www.curreriviaggi.it/airport-shuttle/times-download

Depending on how much luggage you have and distance of your accommodation from the Sorrento train station (where the bus stops) you might need a cab from there. Of course if your flight arrives later than the last departure time from the airport, you'll need a different option.