Please sign in to post.

Transportation

How do I get from my cruise ship landing at Civitavecchia to FCO? I don't want to take the train into Rome and transfer. How do I get one, and what would I expect to pay for a taxi or shuttle service?

Posted by
32219 posts

Niles, Have a look at This Website, as it's got good information on the transportation options to the cruise ship docks. Also have a look at This Website. Happy travels!

Posted by
23319 posts

You don't have any choice. The trains go into Rome and come out of Rome. You could take a regional train and get off at San Pierro or Trastevere and change to the regional going to the airport. Saves going all the way into Termini. Will not save much time because you could take a fast train from Civit into Termini and then the Leonard Express - non stop - to the airport. Either way plan on about three hours total. AND buy you ticket at any other train station in Italy other than Civit. When the cruise ships docks the ticket line at Civit.. can be hours long. If you don't use the train, then something like Rome Cab will cost about 75 to 100E.