Please sign in to post.

transportation

I booked a room in Fiumicino for my last night in Italy so I can get an early start... 4AM. Is there a train to the town from termini? is a taxi the only way to the airport at that early time?

Posted by
2207 posts

If I'm reading this correctly, you're staying out at the airport because you have an early flight. There is NO train that goes directly into the town of Fiumicino from the Roma Termini Station. The primary train from Roma Termini to this area is the direct, Leonardo Express . It would drop you off at the FCO Airport Train Station. From there, you could ride a hotel shuttle, a private shuttle, or a taxi to your Fiumicino hotel. You could also look at the Cotral Bus service, which does have a stop in Fiumicino city on the way to the airport, but I'm not sure how convenient that would be to your hotel. As far as getting from your hotel at 4 AM to the airport, your options are limited. If the hotel has a shuttle service – and it's operating at 04:00, two big If's – that that would be your first choice... Contact your hotel for information. Otherwise, you'll be in a private shuttle or local taxi and expect to pay anywhere from €15 - €25 for the short taxi ride from Fiumicino city to the FCO airport... another reason I primarily just stay in town. We often fly out on the early flights - they're often the cheapest. But you have to factor the cost of getting to the airport so early into your "airfare ticket" price because transportation options are SO limited that early in the morning. Me, I prefer to stay in town on my last night, so I can see this!

Posted by
3 posts

I know I know.... I made a BIG mistake!!!! The Riveria Best Western has a shuttle that starts at 6am. If I'd done my research better I too would have stayed in town! I still can except I left a bag at the BW already...... hmmm wonder what they would say if I picked up my bag and cancelled...
Thank you for your reply