Please sign in to post.

transportation

Sorrento to Rome and return - 8 people

Sorrento or Rome to Chieti

Posted by
23290 posts

I am guessing. Use the train. Too inconvenient to fly.

Posted by
2 posts

Suggestions and approx. costs? Was considering taxis or private cars?

Posted by
8293 posts

Maybe you could just do a search for private transfer, 8 people, Rome to Sorrento, and see what comes up. Unlikely that anyone here would have that info at their finger tips.

Posted by
4152 posts

A private transfer from Rome to Sorrento will cost many hundreds of euros. Possible 500 or more. Same with the return. Same with going to Chieti.

You might want to consider taking the train. It will cost much less and is very easy. If anything, take the train from Rome to Naples and then hire a private transfer to Sorrento. This will still cost hundreds of euro but not as much as coming all the way from Rome.

You'll need to do the math to see what the costs are. You can use the official site for getting train schedules and costs.

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=4ddd1a035296f310VgnVCM1000005817f90aRCRD

Donna

Posted by
32212 posts

jf,

The easiest method with a group of eight would probably be to travel via Frecce high speed train from Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale, and then arrange two vehicles for private transfer from there to Sorrento. You could try the Monetti Taxi listed in the guidebook, but be sure to contact them well in advance. I believe some of their vehicles are Mercedes station wagons so each of those should be able to handle four people with luggage (as long as you're not hauling a bunch of Steamer Trunks).

Another option would be to travel by train to Naples as mentioned previously, take Taxis to the airport and then use the Curreri Viaggi Coach direct to Sorrento (€10 PP as I recall).

The last resort is to travel by train from Rome to Naples and then use the Circumvesuviana train to Sorrento (once you've seen it you'll know why it's the "last resort", but it will get you to Sorrento).

Good luck!