Please sign in to post.

Transportation

We are travelling on Sunday April 17th from Rome to Naples to Sorrento. We want to take the ferry to Sorrento from Naples. Should we take the train to Naples? What should we do when we arrive in Naples?

Posted by
11359 posts

Christine: All of the many options for transportation in this area, between and within the cities and towns, is covered in the Rick Steves' Italy Guide. Do you have it?
You can take a train (Trenitalia) to Naples, then either a train or bus or ferry to Sorrento. By asking "What should we do when we arrive in Naples?" do you mean what should you do for transportation or something else? I believe you would have to take a taxi from the train station to the port to catch a ferry.

Posted by
247 posts

Christine,
You may want to check about taking the ferry...it was my understand it wasn't running yet, hope I'm wrong since we would like to take the ferry around that time too.

Posted by
23330 posts

IF taking the ferry from Naples you can take a taxi from the train station to the docks just over a mile or so. The last time we were there the quote fare was 10E so we took the bus for 1E. In the middle of the plaza in front of the station is where all the buses are and there is a little booth. On the front of the booth was a sign in English indicating that the bus to the port was No. 1 (not positive of that number) and an arrow pointing in the direction of that bus. Believe it left from the far side of the plaza.