Please sign in to post.

Transportation

I was going to make separate post but I decide to make one big one instead.
I am looking for recommendations on the best mode of transpiration between places.
I will be going to Italy for my honeymoon and we are going to be flying into Florence and staying there a few days.
From Florance we are going to Montepulciano
From Montepulciano we will be going to Rome
From Rome we are going to Sorrento
From Sorrento to Positano
And lastly Positano to Napels
Flying home from Napels.
We do not want to rent a car.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Posted by
7899 posts

This is great site to use to see all your transportation options https://www.rome2rio.com/
You just plug in the cities and it will show you how to get there with links to the transportation service companies.
Give it a try and ask questions if it is unclear

Posted by
490 posts

Nice trip!

Best way from Florence to Montepulciano is by car/taxi, it is also the shortest, about 1hr. You can also go by train or bus, 2-3 hours roughly.

Train to Rome.
Rome to Naples train. Bus to Sorrento or taxi.
Sorrento to Positano by ferry/ off season train/bus
Positano to Naples ferry/ off season take train bus combo

Bring water shoes for Positano.

Best wishes on your marriage

Posted by
11294 posts

When searching, be sure to spell the places correctly, so you do not inadvertently book travel to the wrong place! And note that on Italian train websites, you have to use the Italian names for cities (in parentheses), even on the English versions of the websites.

Florence (Firenze)
Montepulciano
Rome (Roma)
Sorrento
Positano
Naples (Napoli)

Do you have Rick Steves Italy? He not only has detailed directions for getting between your destinations, but also all kinds of other information you will need, including answers to questions you haven't thought to ask yet.