Please sign in to post.

Transit in Sicily: Taormina to Milazzo - Milazzo to Catania?

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to figure this out through older posts, but I am not sure, so thought I’d ask:

We (my partner and I, in our 40s) are seeking the easiest / fastest / cheapest routes to and from Milazzo this September:

1. Taormina to Milazzo Port. We need to be at Milazzo Port in time to catch the ferry that leaves at noon. Are there reliable buses that would get us there in time, leaving from Taormina that morning? How do we find the bus / get tickets? Do we need to get tickets in advance? Or would we be better served by hiring a private driver? Are there group shuttles doing this route?

2. Milazzo Port to Catania City center. On the way home, our ferry arrives to Milazzo Port around 2:30pm, and we are hoping to make it to Catania as easily as possible. It looks like if we take the train, it would go through Messina, and with the timing of the connections we’d get to Catania by 6:30pm. Is there a direct bus that goes from Milazzo Port to Catania city center? Would we be better served by getting a shuttle from Milazzo Port to Catania Airport, and then a taxi or bus to our hotel? Are there shuttle companies that run from MIlazzo Port to Catania city center? Which are the reputable companies?

Thanks so much for any guidance!

Best,
Dianne

There are no replies to this topic.