Please sign in to post.

Trains in Italy?

is there a significant difference between Premium and Business on Frecciarossa (booked via ItaliaRail)?

Thank you!

Posted by
20143 posts

Yes. If you look at https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html, click on the information icon next to each class "i".

Premium is the same seat configuration as Standard (2-aisle-2) but real leather seats that recline a bit (vs faux leather nonreclining Standard) and you get a free snack and drink (coffee, juice) and a newspaper (Italian language most likely) in the morning.

Business is wider leather seats (2-aisle-1) bigger seat pitch (>40") with more recline, plus the snack, coffee, newspaper.

Posted by
222 posts

Not really the answer to your question BUT are you traveling such a long distance that you would want to pay the difference? I found the basic economy class to be comfortable enough. We would always grab a snack on the go and eat on the train as what I've seen provided does not look all that appealing.

Posted by
21 posts

NursCyn: Just one 3 hr train ride, the rest no, I'll just go premium.

Posted by
20143 posts

Sometimes, if you book far enough out, you can find Premium seats for the same price as Standard. At other times, if you book closer to the departure day, you might find all of the Super Economy tickets in Standard are sold out, but there are some Super Economy Business class tickets still available and only a slightly higher price.