Please sign in to post.

Trains

Ive been looking at train schedules on Italotreno and Trentalia. Schedules on Trentalia are out past Sept 10 but not on Italotreno. Ive been waiting for Italotreno so I can use 60 and over discount. I trie on Trentalia but not able to use discount from USA??
Any idea why train schedules would be out for one RR and not the other?

Posted by
20170 posts

Dario felt that they are afraid a Covid surge might make them have to make a lot of refunds, so they are dragging their feet on scheduling trains out past mid September. His advice, Italians aren't worried, so you shouldn't be either.

Posted by
6108 posts

Did you read thru the link I just posted?
It includes very specific directions on how to get the Carta Freccia card for US residents

Posted by
3812 posts

You can buy Trenitalia's Economy and SuperEconomy discounted tickets even if you don't have a CartaFreccia.

Since TrenItalia has recently opened the bookings up to December 11 I am positive Italotreno will follow shortly. Nobody else can book, but if you subscribe to Italo's newsletter you'll receive the September promo codes as soon as the booking will be open.

Both Italo's management and the hedge fund that bought the company want those trains to run 365 days an year.

Posted by
8399 posts

When you ask a question and someone gives an answer, it makes sense to read the answer that they give you. The link gives very clear instructions on how to get a discount card if you are a non-resident. You complete a paper form, scan it, and email it in. Many of us have done this. You are correct that non residents can’t apply online, but they certainly can apply for and receive a Cartafreccia .