Please sign in to post.

Trainline.eu

Hello does anyone know what country trainline originates? I just attempted to buy tickets through them but was denied . I approved Germany on my card, since I was buying tickets from bahn.com thank you

Posted by
90 posts

I've bought tickets for several countries from Trainline and never had an issue. Are you using a Visa? I had to do an extra step to get my card to work. I just bought several tickets for Italy this past November.

Posted by
23245 posts

Just advise you credit card company of a potential European charge. I have never had to be country specific.

Posted by
32200 posts

marie,

I've always found the Trainline website and the purchasing procedure to be very easy. A couple of possible solutions.....

• when you register payment information on the website, you may have to include the Verified by Visa or whatever the Mastercard version is called.
  • the transaction may have been rejected by your bank, and therefore this may not be a Trainline issue.

Although Trainline started in France, it was bought by the Trainline UK in March 2016. I'm not sure whether their transactions are processed in France or the U.K.?

I'd suggest contacting your credit card provider and ask them if they blocked the transaction. Do you have to tell your card provided each country that you'll be visiting?

Posted by
847 posts

Last spring I tried to buy train tickets for a trip to Germany and Austria and after the first (successful) purchase on bahn.de my Visa got denied for the next ticket I tried to purchase. Since it was between Germany and Austria I tried the Austrian site and it got denied there as well. Called Capital One a couple of times and still no luck. Then I switched to the trainline.eu and had no problem. Booked several more on trainline.eu They were always the exact same price and schedule as I was finding on each country's own train site.

Posted by
368 posts

Thank you, everyone for the replies.
I broke up the trip and used bahn.com for the first leg and trenitalia.com for the second leg and had no problems.
I am still not certain what the issue was, but after several attempts with trainline and trenitalia not allowing the complete trip, this was the only way to complete the transaction. Thank you again