Please sign in to post.

train travel in Italy

I am travelling to Italy for the first time. I booked with a travel agent through Travelzoo. They sent me train vouchers to get from one city to the next. How do I turn these vouchers into tickets??

Posted by
6225 posts

I doubt anyone here knows what sort of voucher you have or what to do with it

As above-address this question to the vendor who sold you the vouchers

Posted by
23342 posts

Go back to the travel agent -- that is who you are paying. We have used Travelzoo several times but never with a travel agent so I can not guess as to what is happening or what you have. Are you sure you don't paper tickets instead of vouchers. If some type of money vouchers, I guess you would take them to a ticket window.

Posted by
317 posts

I’d suggest buying direct from Trenitalia or Italo for any subsequent trips. Their apps and websites are easily navigated and in English. You’ll have peace of my knowing you not only have a ticket but a reservation too.

Everyone above is correct. Please call the travel agent and make them explain the process to you. It can seem a little daunting the first time navigating train station but you’ll get used to it quickly. I have found that train travel in Italy, and Europe in general, is my preferred way to get most places.

Posted by
32921 posts

when you do speak to the travel agent - the only one who can answer your question - be sure to get them to clarify if seat reservations are included or if you will be responsible to buy those before you get on the train with whatever happens to your vouchers.