Please sign in to post.

Train travel

What stations/cities do I look for in trying to arrange train travel from Rome Termini to Assisi. I can't seem to find a route direct from Rome, so obviously I need to go somewhere in between first. I have been repeatedly trying the Trenitalia.com website with absolutely no success. I have tried regional train travel,just cannot find Rome to Assisi .

Posted by
20103 posts

They still don't have the summer schedule out yet. Just look at tomorrow's schedule and you'll have a good idea of what the schedule will be when you are there this summer.

Posted by
32212 posts

Janet, The trip from Rome to Assisi is VERY easy! There are both direct trains and trains with one change (usually in Foligno). I had no trouble finding information on the Trenitalia website. When you checked the website, did you click the "Tutti i Treni" tab (grey colour)? If you want an early start, there's a direct train departing Roma Termini at 07:58 (travel time about 2.25H, fare 9.90€). The next direct departure isn't until 14:23, but there are numerous other departures at various times with one change. When are you going to be travelling that route? Happy travels!

Posted by
7737 posts

Ken makes an important point. Often the Trenitalia website defaults to showing you only the Freccia (high speed) trains. You have to click on the tab called "Tutti i Treni" ("All the trains") to be able to figure out how to get to the smaller cities and towns such as Assisi.