Please sign in to post.

Train to Cinque Terre

No Train Tickets are shown for June from Cinque Terre to Florence? Is this because they are already sold out or just because they schedule hasn't posted.

I have put in all Towns (Vernazza, Monterosso, Riomaggior primarily), in my question I was referring to the general area so sorry for the confusion. You can enter Cinque Terre and pick a city from drop down at either Italiarail or Trainline app. There are options from Rome to any of the cities in the area but not from the area to Florence

Posted by
32198 posts

kelli,

I'm sure there are trains in June from the locations you mentioned. Could you clarify which specific towns/stations you were using as the search criteria? Note that the Cinque Terre is not a destination, but rather a group of five small towns. It's necessary to specify which town you're departing from, and also which Florence station you want to arrive at (Florence has several stations), and Firenze Santa Maria Novella is probably the most common.

That particular route will most likely involve at least one change, possibly at Pisa Centrale. Most of the trains will be Regionale so there's really no benefit to buying the tickets in advance as the price is the same either way. If you buy the tickets at local stations in the Cinque Terre, you must remember to validate Regionale tickets prior to boarding the train on the day of travel, or you'll risk hefty fines which will be collected on the spot.

If you could provide more specific information, I'm sure the group here will be able to get this sorted for you.

Posted by
5687 posts

The Cinque Terre is not a town. There is no Cinque Terre train station. There are five villages, each with its own train station: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. From which town will you be departing?

Check on thetrainline.com - you should see tickets. Don't buy tickets for a regional train now - they can't sell out, there is no discount for buying them early.

Posted by
1393 posts

European train schedules are revised each year on the second Saturdays of June and December with the June revised schedule having very few changes and the December revised schedule having more. Until the new train schedules are released on June 10 and December 9, sites that sell train tickets won’t sell them until they are certain what the schedules are.

Posted by
2 posts

I have put in all Towns (Vernazza, Monterosso, Riomaggior primarily), in my question I was referring to the general area so sorry for the confusion. You can enter Cinque Terre and pick a city from drop down at either Italiarail or Trainline app. There are options from Rome to any of the cities in the area but not from the area to Florence

Posted by
5687 posts

It's too early. Wait a few weeks. You can find trains on June 8 but not later in the month.

Posted by
3812 posts

The deadline to upload the new schedules is June 10.

Trenitalia posts the Regional trains last because they can't sell out and have no discounted tickets*

Just use a day before for planning and set a reminder for June 11.

• and because Regional trains are subsidized by Regional governments, but that's another story.
Posted by
1625 posts

Make sure you use 00:00 as your starting time to get all solutions on the Trenitalia website. Tickets are available for June on the Trenitalia website, I plugged in Firenze S.M.N to Monterosso and lots of solutions came back with a transfer In La Spezia, this is the route we took.