Please sign in to post.

Train tickets

Hello,
We will be taking the train from Turin to Milan, then Milan to Bologna (after three days in Milan) next month. Are the substantial savings if we purchase tickets now?
Thank you!

Posted by
3812 posts

Next month's schedules and fares have already been uploaded both on trenitalia.com and italotreno.it so making the above tests seems a waste of time.

Go on the 2 sites, enter your actual day of travel, the number of passengers, click search and see the cost difference between discounted and on-day tickets.

Getting tickets on the day of travel you'll always pay the Base fare on trenitalia and the Flexi fare on Italotreno.

You can't pay more than Base and Flexi and they won't increase between today and your day of travel, either. On the other hand, discounted tickets will gradually sell out.

Some discounted tickets are not offered at all on some routes when the demand is particularly high, another reason to enter the right day of travel.

Be aware that the cheaper a ticket is, the more restrictions there are on changes and refunds.

Posted by
92 posts

Duh 😒 I feel silly for not thinking of that! I plugged In today’s date and our actual dates of travel and saw the answer to my question. I need to buy our tickets in advance!
Thank you periscope and Dario!!