Please sign in to post.

Train stations

This is my first post. We'll be taking the train from Milan to Asti, then Sestri Levante, Lucca, Florence then Rome. The Trenitalia app has multiple stations listed for the destinations. I can't find a map which has the stations. Perhaps I've gotten lost in translation when I asked the hotels the name of the nearest station. They have all replied with "It's a 3 minute walk," "10 minute walk," "check the app/site." Before asking the hotels again, I was wondering if there is a place to find this information. Thank you.

Posted by
2416 posts

Just run a search for the town / city map you're looking for - the stations will be indicated.

Posted by
6120 posts

Main stations

Milano Centrale
Firenze SM Novella
Roma Termini

I believe all others you’ve listed only have 1 station

Maninseat61.Com is an excellent resource

Use Google maps to locate stations

Posted by
15204 posts

From MILANO to ASTI you have two choices for departure stations:
MILANO PORTA GARIBALDI
MILANO CENTRALE
Which one you choose depends on what time you'd like to go. Either way it's about 2 hour trip with one train change (in Turin, or Alessandria, or Tortona). Both stations are in Milan city center, so they might be a similar distance from your hotel, depending on where you are staying.

ASTI, SESTRI LEVANTE, LUCCA, have one station.

FLORENCE has multiple stations. The main one downtown is FIRENZE SANTA MARIA NOVELLA. If you are going to the city center, that's the one you want.

From Florence to Rome, you would depart from FIRENZE SANTA MARIA NOVELLA. Rome has multiple stations, but the one you most likely want is ROMA TERMINI, which is the one in the city center. All trains from Florence go to ROMA TERMINI, although they stop at ROMA TIBURTINA (the second most important station) before going to TERMINI

Posted by
7316 posts

As a starting point, I usually use Rome2rio.com and type in my hotel address and where I want to go. It gives the train station name on the map. Just don’t trust the summary transportation times on that site - sometimes they can be off,