Please sign in to post.

train schedule

I have planned my itinerary for our trip beginning on June 19th using the Trenitalia website. I am waiting to purchase tickets until we arrive. However - I have been checking train times (mostly AM departures), and suddenly the train times I have been seeing are gone. All I can find are PM departures on the website. Anyone have any idea why? We are traveling from Venice to Florence on the 23rd and Florence to Rome on the 25th (hopefully). Thanks!

Posted by
5 posts

Make sure you haven't accidently selected a specific hour when you search. We did this and took a couple of minutes to realize why there were so few choices.

Posted by
16330 posts

andrea solved your problem. The website automatically fills in a starting time and you have to change it if that is not what you want.

Just now I went to Trenitalia and it was set to 14:00. When I changed that to 9:00, it showed trains from Venice to Florence on 23 June leaving at 9:27, 10:27, and 11:27.

Posted by
4152 posts

Trenitalia will show you trains for the hour that you're on the site. If you visit the site at 3, it'll show trains starting at 3, if you're on at 9 it'll show trains starting at 9. Just change the time to early morning and you'll be able to see the schedule for the whole day.

Donna

Posted by
30 posts

Wow, I feel like a dork. Thank goodness I have this lifeline to keep me in check. Thanks everyone!