Please sign in to post.

Train Milan to Geneva

Morning! Appreciate your insight and help. Will be returning rental car at the Milan Train station-I believer Centrale. I want to take a train with. my husband and friends to ride up to Geneva. Suggestions how to buy tickets before hand. Italian or Swiss train?
Again-appreciate your advice.

Posted by
3812 posts

If you board an international train in a country, it's always better to get tickets from the company of the same country and that runs this train up to the border.

Do you want to try to avoid driving in central Milan? The direct EC trains call at Stresa and Domodossola. Or at Gallarate and Domodossola. If you can't drop the car there, check the rules of Milan's ZTL and congestion charge areas. Also note that some bus lanes may be camera controlled.

Posted by
16359 posts

The direct train ( no changes) departs Milano Centrale at 8:20 and 13:05. If you buy now on Trenitalia, you can get a Smart fare of €34-€43 per person instead of the full fare of €86. Those tickets are non-refundable and cannot be changed. There is also a Smart 2 fare of €60 and those tickets can be changed ( but still not refunded).