Please sign in to post.

Train from Vernazza to Venice

Hello,
I purchased tickets on Trenitalia for the route from Vernazza to Venice. I know we will be on different types of trains. We have seats from Levanto to Milan. There were no options for seats on any other train. Is that because the others are regional trains?

I am a little confused about how to validate the other tickets. I do not see a barcode on the routes for the other trains.

Thank you for your help. Doreen

Posted by
17168 posts

It sounds like you are on the IC (Intercity) train from Levanto to Milan. We have taken that train. You have reserved seats and do not need to validate the tickets. Just show the conductor your mobile ticket or printed copy.,

The train from Vernazza to Levanto is a regional train with no reserved seats. You DO need to validate the ticket or “check in” before boarding. There should be instructions with the ticket, or perhaps someone else can help you. This is a new requirement we have not faced yet.

Posted by
6933 posts

There are both Regional and Freccia ( fast) trains from Milan to Venice

It sounds like you have booked a Regional train- likely with a change in Verona?

All fast trains require a reserved seat so if you had booked a fast train you would see that reserved seat on your ticket- you either pick seat yourself or they are assigned for you

If you post the date and train # we can pinpoint which kind of train you have

Posted by
37 posts

The date is September 8,2024.

Milan-Verona Regionale Trenord 2629

Verona-Venice Regionale Veloce 3505

Posted by
6933 posts

Yes
I’m not familiar with the new process
There must be a “check in” button