Please sign in to post.

Train from Sorrento to Rome

Is there any easy link between an express train taken from Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast, to the airport in Rome?

Posted by
15810 posts

Not that I'm aware of. That train terminates in Naples, and from there I'm pretty certain that you'd have to take a train to Rome and change to another train there to the airport.

There is an express bus from Naples to Fiumicino that you might look at? I haven't taken it but it might be a one-change option (train to Naples, change to the bus to the airport) if timing works.

http://www.fiumicinoexpress.com/?lang=en

Just IMHO but I never recommend staying in Sorrento or on the Amalfi Coast the evening before an international flight from Fiumicino, if that's what you're trying to do.

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks, again. Good tips. I think we will spend the last night in Naples and take the express bus to the airport.

Posted by
23268 posts

What time is your departure from FCO?

Posted by
1103 posts

I would consider staying in Rome on the night before the flight home. If you stayed near Termini train station, you could take the Leonardo Express to the airport.

Posted by
8 posts

You folks have been terrific. The things I’ve learned will make a difference. I wish the rest of life worked this way.

Posted by
1025 posts

I am with Bob on this one. As tempting as it is to stay in Naples and do the rush for FCO in the morning, anything can happen. I was on the TGV from Paris to Nice a couple years ago. A man decided that it was a good day to die, and he stepped in front of the speeding train, and everything stopped. We reached Nice 6 hours later than we had hoped, but since we weren't going anywhere, no big deal. Had we been scheduled on a plane out of Nice that afternoon, we would have learned an expensive lesson. I would get to Rome the night before. Just sayin'.

Posted by
15810 posts

If you stayed near Termini train station, you could take the Leonardo
Express to the airport.

True, and wouldn't have to get up quite at 0'dark thirty to cover the distance from Naples, and hope it all went according to plan.

Posted by
8 posts

A lot less stress on a stressful day, for sure. Rome it is the night before. Thanks, and
Happy Trails

Posted by
1025 posts

Just think of it as another bowl of decent cacio e pepe!