Please sign in to post.

Train from Florence to Rome airport

We are planning on taking the train from Florence to Rome (and on to airport). Any advice on if I need to book a train 6 weeks out from travel date or get tickets on day of travel? I’ve read differing opinions...thanks for your help!

Posted by
27647 posts

The earlier you buy--once tickets go on sale--the better your chance of snagging a cheap ticket. A non-refundable/non-changeable ticket shouldn't be a risk at the end of your trip. When buying tickets for the fast trains, last-minute purchase is only recommended for your arrival day or other circumstances when your schedule cannot be predicted.

Posted by
11731 posts

If you are contemplating traveling from Florence to Rome-FCO on the day you have an international departure flight, you are engaging in a higher risk venture than most here would try.

Posted by
48 posts

Haha! I’m not that much of a risk taker to plan a flight out the same day as travel from Florence to Rome! We end a RS tour in the morning in Florence and will fly out of Rome the next day. Just trying to get to Rome 😎

Posted by
3812 posts

If you are travelling before June 15 you can see the full on-day fares (called Base) and the discounted ones on trenitalia.com. You can't pay more than the Base price.