Please sign in to post.

Train from Cinque Terre to Milan

Any suggestions for the best train connections from Vernazza to Milan? I know I can go from Vernazza to La Spezia and then take a train from La Spezia to Milan. But is it possible, and would it be faster, to go from Vernazza to Genoa, without going through La Spezia, and to take a train directly from Genoa to Milan?

Posted by
11337 posts

You can easily check this by going to Trenitalia-com and plugging in various route options.

Posted by
32213 posts

ben,

It will likely be a bit faster to depart the C.T. from Monterosso, as there are a few direct trains each day. As Laurel mentioned, you'll be able to see all the options on the Trenitalia website.

Posted by
6898 posts

Ben, in general, there are just over 20 Regionale train runs through the CT each day. All will stop at Monterosso but not all stop at Vernazza. There used to be a couple of intercity train runs a day that stopped at all five towns and went to Milan. I don't see those anymore but I do see a couple of direct Intercity train runs from Monterosso to Milan. If you buy in advance online, you can get these non-refundable intercity tickets for as low as 9Euro. Simply take the 2-minute train to Monterosso from Vernazza and change to the Intercity train. 3.0hrs from Monterosso. See www.trenitalia.com