Please sign in to post.

Traffic Ticket

I toured Italy in September 2009 and I just received a citation from Pisa (almost 18 months after the fact!) that said I drove in a "restricted area". The fine is €119! Can't recall doing anything wrong, I parked in a" legit" parking lot. Has anyone had experiences like this? Do I HAVE to pay it?
Thanks much for any input! Gary

Posted by
23562 posts

That is extremely common as to fine and delay. Whether you pay or not is your decision. This subject has been beat to death with no conclusion so use the search box and find the prior discussions. It is a legal charge - whether it is fair or not is debatable - but it is legal. These restricted zones around major tourist sites are numerous and there is no question that your violated the zone since it is mostly like done with a camera. It took a while to track you down via your rental company. But now they have found you. You can decided where the great risk is -- not pay or pay the final expense for your trip.

Posted by
148 posts

As already mentioned, this topic has been beaten to death and a search of previous posts may be helpful to you. I just want to point out that the ticket has nothing to do with where you parked. It isn't a parking ticket. It is a moving violation for driving in a restricted area, maybe on your way to the parking lot, or after you left it. The fine is legitimate, and the delay is typical.