Please sign in to post.

Tours in Rome

Thinking about using either Context tours or Rome Walks for tours in Rome. Anyone have recommendations?

Posted by
44 posts

Are there any other tour companies that you would suggest?

Posted by
84 posts

Jennifer - I can highly recommend Ron in Rome. We had him for a full day at the Vatican City last month and what a great day it was. He's knowledgable, made the museum and church more enjoyable - showed us around the nieghbourhood as well. Took us to the best Gelato shop - pointed out an amazing Pizza stop - he lives there and can show you more than just the tourist side of Rome. I would not hesitate to get him again should we return. He's highly thought of on this site and I can see why. Send him am email and see if he's available, you won't be disappointed!

Posted by
23290 posts

It is RoninRome.com. Also we have liked the Angel Tours -- young, English speaking art students. Not as polished as some tour group but more fun and interesting.

Posted by
32212 posts

Jennifer,

Ron in Rome is an excellent choice for tours. Frank provided the contact information.

You might also consider Francesca Caruso (listed in Rick's books) - she's an outstanding Guide! I was speaking with her in January, and can provide her E-mail address if you're interested.

Happy travels!

Posted by
32212 posts

Jennifer,

Information sent to your PM mailbox.

Cheers!

Posted by
114 posts

We have taken tours with Context in Rome (both the Vatican and the Ancient Rome/Forum tours)as well as in Venice. The tours are pricey, but the group is small and the teachers very knowledgeable. It was like taking a mini-college class. Loved it.

Posted by
65 posts

Jennifer,
My wife and I used Federica D'Orazio as a personal guide when we were there in January. We were very happy with her services and she guides numerous points in Rome. We learned way more than we would have with our noses buried in a book trying to read about the sites in Rome. Just google her name and read her website. Good Luck!