Please sign in to post.

Tours in Florence/Naples- solo traveler

Greetings! I am headed to Italy (first trip to europe) and planned on staying 5 days in Florence and 4 days in Naples. Im just using Naples as my hub to see Capri, Almafi Coast, Sorrento and Pompeii. I am having a hard time finding tours to join. Any suggestions? I keep finding private tours only... Also, while in Florence, does anyone have a wine tour or Tuscany tour they would recommend?? Also, since I am seeing the Almafi Coast, should I skip the Cinque Terre?

Posted by
2048 posts

Maybe use Sorrento as a base for The Amalfi Coast, Capri and Pompeii. Naples is a very busy city that can be very overwhelming. When are you going! The Cinque Terra is very busy during the summer months. I've heard good things from folks who've stayed in the smaller towns along the Amalfi Coast. We only did the bus ride along it. Will you be traveling alone?

Posted by
2 posts

Yes, I am traveling alone. I already booked Naples as my hub so i will be taking the train daily somewhere I assume

Posted by
4105 posts

Naples is one of my favorite cities. Yes it's gritty, chaotic, overwhelming, but it has so much to offer. You could stay for a month and not come close to seeing it all.

For a definitive guide see this.

http://www.napoliunplugged.com

For attractions, the Campania arte card.

Posted by
723 posts

That sounds so fun Ashley! Naples will be a great place to base yourself, you will get city, ruins, AND sea from all those places! It will definitely be overwhelming at first (I wouldn't choose to start my trip off in the chaos of Naples, since I am always grumpy on my first day overseas from the travelling, I basically hated everything my arrival day of last years' trip, and it was in my own town that I LOVE) but you will definitely have enough time to get a real feel for your neighborhood and settle into the interesting-ness.

As for tours, what were you looking for in particular? Some of your destinations in the area will not necessarily need tour guides, as wandering around the coastal towns is a charming day by itself....I think the shared tours already mentioned would suit you well.....

I would suggest if your days are separate to see the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento, I would take the train to Salerno to catch the ferry to the towns on the coast, Amalfi and Positano, as those views are GORGEOUS.....