Please sign in to post.

Tours Feasible in October 2021?

I see Rick is taking deposits for 2022 but we want to do the Venice, Florence & Rome in Oct. 2021 followed by Sicily. Will we be missing out if we wait to see if 2021 opens up? What are the odds for 2021?

Posted by
2476 posts

Rick is taking deposits for his 2022 tours. He has not decided to run the 2021 tours but if later in the year he believes he can deliver the travel experience he is known for safety and reliably, he will allow you to apply your deposit for a 2022 tour to one in 2021.
It’s hard to say what the odds are of the 2021 tours running but I would say if you haven’t decided on a 2022 tour, the odds are high that your desired tour may be sold out.

Posted by
7432 posts

Hmmm, will people already booked for 2022 going to be given first rights to switch, if and when a 2021 date opens up? Might be worth asking Rick’s tour staff if there’s a contingency policy in place. hi

Posted by
6330 posts

Cyn, they've said that if a 2021 tour opens up, we can transfer our 2022 deposits.

I'm hoping the South Italy tour goes in October, but we're signed up for it in 2022.

Posted by
759 posts

"What are the odds for 2021?" For those 2 Italy tours in October 2021 I would say slim to none. If 2021 Tours go I would except it to be the November/Christmas City Tours (London, Paris, Rome).

Posted by
338 posts

Rick has plenty of information in his FAQ section of the forum. And his staff is very patient with questions. Check the 2022 tour you’re interested in - some are sold out.

Posted by
7432 posts

Jane confirms that 2022 bookings can transfer to 2021, if applicable. Will the 2022 tour registrants have to monitor the 2021 availability on their own (which they maybe will already be doing on a daily basis!), or will Rick Steves Europe give them a heads-up, before announcing officially confirming a 2021 trip is happening? For sold out tours, that probably wouldn’t even be a possibility.
So are people signed up for late 2021, and do they get first dibs on 2022, of their 2021 doesn’t happen? If the OP is willing to settle for 2022 but really wants 2021, the 2022 reservation can be made now, with the availability to drop it without penalty, per the RSE policies. A tour in hand is better than two that don’t go.

Thank You, Judy B in Atlanta. We are just two hours away from you in the mountains of NC, so I guess it took a neighbor to put us on the right track. We needed that push and so we signed up for the 2022 March tours and this should work.

Posted by
3792 posts

Be careful putting your email address on here for all to see.