Please sign in to post.

Tours by Roberto

I've been communicating with Florenza regarding tour options in September and I'm conflicted about which tour to book from Florence the Chianti or the Clay hills. Which is most scenic will rolling hills and breathtaking countryside views?

Thanks,

Posted by
1232 posts

I believe the OP meant Fiorenza, not Florenza, or Florence. She is one of the people who work for the tours.

Posted by
1054 posts

I've done both of those with him, and both are great.

I liked the Clay Hills area since we did that after some Brunello Wine Tastings. I like Brunello better then Chianti for wine. Both area's are beautiful.

Note that in September you will see a lot of Browns as the fields have been turned over and the sunflowers dying out. The green from the Tuscany postcards is in the Spring.

Posted by
771 posts

Although we have not done the Chianti tour with Roberto, I can also vouch for the Clay Hills tour being a great experience. He is a native of the area, and has a great sense of humor. We definitely saw lots of rolling hills and scenic views in May. He makes it a point to take you to out of the way places that are interesting. We also have a few bottles of the Brunello wine tucked away that we dole out for special occasions, which we bought at the farm/vineyard where he brought us for a multi-course lunch.
I would love to the Chianti tour with him on a different trip.